Music Meets Fashion



Musa Dlamini, popularly know as Mizzy GoodMusic, is a 21 year  Swati born, South African based DJ and model. He was born in Mbabane, grew up in a small town called Mankayane and was raised by his grandmother in a village called Ka-Deda. He then moved to South Africa 2005 due to the fact that both his parents worked in South Africa, so he had to stay with them. He studied and matriculated 2015 and he is currently studying at Vaal University Of Technology doing his final year in Hospitality Management. Basically, he is a jack of all trades, a young Social and business entrepreneur.

 ðŸ”¥Music or fashion


I'm on both Music and Fashion. My motto in life is "Unlock Your Potential". I'm an artist and so I wouldn’t classify myself as a Rapper, Stylist, Street Fashion Model or a DJ. I'm a former rapper and a current ghost writer and on the DJ part, I'm also not categorized because I play versatile genres, including the likes of Gqom ,Hip Hop, Commercial House and Electro.

I own a multimedia company Urban Crew Multimedia which introduced me to the love and passion I have for Photography. I'm a stylist of Urban Zulu ,and a promoter of a lot of local and upcoming brands around Joburg. So me being a stylist and a multimedia company owner made me realize the collaboration of fashion and photography.

I continued by being a stylist for some time and most people especially at tertiary loved most of the clothing I used to pop-in with, in which I then saw an opportunity of opening an online store Fashion Factory Boutique and that’s the platform where I sell strictly trends and also make it a platform for upcoming fashion designers to showcase their brands.

I WANT IT ALL
I model for these brands
I offer my photography services
I offer the platform for them to advertise in, sell and make money. So I'm a supplier and a distributor at the same time we don’t let the money out.


🔥When did you start deejaying and how did it come about

Not long ago, I started being a DJ in 2016 on my first year of varsity. I stayed at res, and we used to host house parties just for fun, so I had the taste and a good ear for music and so I started being a DJ but now I came out DIFFERENT because I loved a lot of genres as most of the time I listened to South African, DJ Ph, and the USA Martin Garrix, so I started playing versatile genres and to master the skill I was mentored by a Friend Lwazi Magagula known as DJ Hemtonick who is also a fast growing DJ In the hood.

As i continued with my journey ,I got recognition and I would get booked for school events and res parties, which gave me confidence to push harder until I was unlocked by the CanDo Competition whereby I met promoters (Likes of Pusha Entertainment) who then booked me for club events.

So after seeing the bigger picture I never had time to rap no more and I started selling my lyrics (Ghost writing). I was also considering the fact that if you are a rapper, you should be known to get booked and paid but a DJ should have a talent to get booked and paid, it doesn’t matter how known you are.
So I began looking at the business side of it.







🔥What has been the highlight of your music career

The highlight of my music career was when I got to Share the stage with the biggest brands in South Africa, including the likes of DJ Maphorisa, DJ Finzo, and playing after Lady Zamar before Distruction Boyz at #TheVaalMeltdown2018 and also being a club DJ of most lfamous clubs around Gauteng.

🔥Was fashion always part of you

I'd say fashion represents me and tells a story of how I want to live. When I;m clean I look good and when I look good I feel good. I can say fashion exposes professionalism in most artists and it’s the best way to keep your timeline neat especially if you aspire to be something bigger in the future. It is a continuous practice and a way of always looking presentable.




       ðŸ”¥How did you become a promoter of Kappa and Adidas SA? And how did that make you feel

I bacame a promoter of Kappa and Adidas (Not Brand Ambassador) I wanna highlight that for some reasons. 
Well...that was after opening my online store and the trend of the merchandise of both these brands in South Africa, in which a lot of people started approaching me needing the merchandise in a way that in a week I would sell 30 or more tracksuits , jackets, fanny Packs (The Trendy Small Side Bags), including T-Shirts from both these brands and so I became a reliable source and kept my loyalty as most online stores are dodgy. What I did was personally delivering everything that I sell to ensure that my clients are happy and satisfied.

Back to the story I then got a hookup for both brands to be a promoter due to the fact that I made a lot of distributions of their merchandise and I started getting bigger deals of purchasing the merchandise with their staff price and started pushing with them and also assisting them with their social media marketing.
All this made me feel blessed and honored, considering the fact I started as a customer and the way the brands are all over social media right now...I just feel proud because I can see the impact and my contribution. As a result we now have Coolkids who just wanna live clean.


🔥What's that one thing you've done in your life that you are so proud of

My Family for believing in me and not having a problem with me unlocking my potential because I feel like other people are restricted or may be scared of telling their dream to their families. 

On self-credit I’m proud that I am not failing to try because if I never tried, I wouldn’t have known what am I capable of ,I wouldn’t have known about my multi talents, I wouldn’t have got hobbies that pay me in a click.

🔥What's your everyday motivation/inspiration

Black child the power is in your hands but it’s your duty to open your hands and see the power that God gave you. How your life started shouldn’t be an excuse to how your life should end.



🔥What is your secret to success

My secret to success is first telling God your plans and ask for help. Don’t undermine the power of prayer, get out of your comfort zone, start networking, have contacts ,be out there, fish for people with the same mindset, vision and goals with you , team up and be strategic, put more practice and application on ideas don’t be scared to try ,uplift each other. What doesn’t build you shouldn’t be worth your time and attention and lastly expose yourself to the lifestyle you want to live, life is not about WHAT you do but HOW you do it.

🔥What more can we expect from Mizzy GoodMusic in the near future

There are a lot of things I wanna do, I have so much ideas but due to the fact that there is only one Musa Dlamini, I must form partnerships in most business ideas meaning that whatever idea I have, I will have to fish for someone who understands that specific business idea and has passion for it then we tackle it together.
In short...i'd say expect an empire that will be formed by joint forces of artists, young entrepreneurs and dreamers.



Comments

  1. Young and aspiring being SA must watch out next fasion and music ghuru...not forgeting a philantdopist at heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yizo boy, continue to move places. You have my full support.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of story telling

This is the Spova king

Greatness comes from within