Meet the man behind the character





















I had the amazing opportunity to chat with Hungani Ndlovu (24), who acts as the 
intelligent yet so much of a trouble maker, Romeo on South African most loved soapie,Scandal on ETV.

Hungani is an actordancer, presenter and MC. He is also the founder of Sans Group which is a company that teaches about acting, dancing, modelling, showbiz. They also offer photography services and studio rentals. 

He spent 3 years in the USA,New York studying and working. He was a student at FliiCademy, which is run by FliiStylz, Chris Brown's choreographer. On top of that,he is a graduate of Acting For Film-LA.

🔥 Tell me a bit about yourself and your background

I am Christian. I was born in Nelspruit, Mpumlanga and by the age four we moved to Polokwane which was known as Pietersburg back then, and I stayed there for my primary school. I went to PEMPS and Mitchell House Prep School. Then moved to Johannesburg for high school in which I attended St Stithians Boys College. 

I love my parents, they have been the best support structure in my life from a young age. I have an older sister, Trudy Luthuli, whom I love and so proud of for all that she has accomplished in her life.



🔥 What was/is your first love? Acting or dancing

My first love is Dancing.

🔥 As Scandal was your first TV job, how was the transition from film to TV

There wasn't much of a transition aside from shooting in a studio and having three cameras on set which I had to adjust to very quickly. 
Oh...actually, playing the same character for such a prolonged period is something I'm still getting used to...I think.

🔥 How was living in the USA for three years, away from home, your friends and family, while also meeting the world's most amazing choreographers, including the likes of Ian Eastwood

It was truly a blessing and a half! I learnt so much about myself and about the industry that I'm in at the moment. Dancing with some of the best dancers in the world was and still is such a privilege and something I'm so grateful for! It wasn't the easiest of experiences but definitely prepared me for parts of my journey. 

I was doing acting jobs for free, I was working at a cafe, I was a receptionist, a cleaner and an extra on TV shows like 'American Idols' and movies like 'Ted2'. I definitely had my eyes fixed on the end goal.



🔥 How was your life after Memoir Of An Honest Voice? Do you think that that was your big break

Life was the same hey. The film did well in festivals but it didn't have a major impact in such a way that my life changed. 

🔥 What changed and how much did your life change after you started acting on Scandal

A lot changed. People started noticing me from their TV screens, calling me by my character name and not by my actual name, 'Hungani', which is something I am still getting used to as I'm not the biggest advocate for it. 

When I plan to leave the house I have to actively think of where I'm going and if its necessary in case people recognize me and stuff. It's truly overwhelming at times. It has helped my business Sans Group (www.sansgroup.co) which I'm truly grateful for indeed! It has helped the organization I co-direct MatrixMen, where we support male victims and survivors of abuse. It has helped me to spread more awareness on the abuse that males in South Africa encounter.



🔥You founded SANS Group. What was/is your vision behind it and why the name "SANS" group

The name doesn't have a specific meaning, it's a name that I think has a nice ring to it. Sans Group is a lot of things but mostly known for being a training studio for Acting and Dancing based in Carfax, 39 Gwigwi Mrwebi Str, Newtown, JHB. We also offer photography services. We run an agency and represent actors in the industry and soon we will be starting our foundation section of the company.


🔥 I was watching the Good Times music video by Easy Freak, which is a great video by the way...in which you and Stephanie are in. How was the experience of being in that music video

Thank you for that! The experience was fun and very chilled. Dom and Jude who are the two members of Easy Freak are really cool, down to earth guys and they just made the whole experience fun. Brett Jones who was the Director and D.O.P of the video is very good at what he does and made us feel comfortable at all times. All in all, it was a great experience, you'll actually see a sniper of me in Easy Freak's new video coming soon of their new single.

🔥 What advice would you give to your younger self about yourself

It's okay to not be cool in school. It's okay to not follow the crowd. It's okay to listen to your parents. It's okay to trust God, matter of fact, the Lord knows whats best for you. You are more than enough. I love you!

🔥 What message would you give to the young boys and girls out there who look up to you and also wants to be in the entertainment industry

No one will give it to you, so you must be willing to work hard, sacrifice and invest in your craft in order to allow your dreams to come true. Always be prepared. Research is vital! Intention is everything! Patience and consistency is key. Most importantly, have faith.∎




Comments

  1. Wow!... that is all I can say.🙌🙌🙌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of story telling

This is the Spova king

Greatness comes from within