Greatness comes from within

Oros Mampofu (28) is a South African actor and musician. He was born in Umtata,Eastern Cape and grew up in the Fort Gale area. His first acting debut was in the SABC 1 drama series Kowethu in 2014,after graduating from AFDA in Johannesburg,with a degree in Motion Picture and Live Performance. He then featured on an original movie,Rise in 2015 before being part of a reality competition series, Top Actor SA,in which he came out at 6th place and leaded to him landing a role on the popular South African soapie,Skeem Saam as Jama. 
Oros has also landed roles on a number of SA TV shows including Igazi,Gauteng Maboneng,Harvest,Ingoma and a feature film,The Lucky Specials in 2016.

Oros is doing the most in his career and has been recognized world wide. Its a no brainer that he is good and what he does and has even got nominated for some huge awards,and even better,his fans are just in love with his craft. 

I had the privilege to talk to Oros about his career and also congratulate him on soon becoming a father as him and his fiancé Bianca Carmichael are expecting their first born child,a Mampofu princess. 

🔥 How did you get into acting

I studied acting from 2011 in AFDA,in Johannesburg because I've always desired to venture into acting and I decided to take it to a more serious level.




🔥What made you fall in love with acting

I've always wanted to explore the human condition,to understand what it means to be a human being. I figured out that the best way to see and to understand is to see people explore and express what it means to be human,on screen,on stage...and there is a beautiful way of teaching people how to. This is not only about teaching them but also empowering people about the nature of a human being and I thought this is a beautiful platform (acting).

So all this occurred after seeing my favourite movie, Bad Boys II. I saw Will Smith,the powerful black man and at that time,there weren't a lot of black superheroes that actually look like me. So...I then realised that this is what I want to become. A BLACK SUPERHERO ON TV.



🔥Which is your first love? Music or acting?

That's a tough one because both music and acting are very close to my heart. Honestly though,music is a greater love but acting is a craft that I THINK I respect more. But...its a really tough one. Its literally a 50/50 😀


🔥How did your life change after starring on Skeem Saam

It changed in numerous ways. From that point,I realised I was a public figure. I was not only Oros who belongs to family and friends but I was Oros who belongs to South Africa or Africa.
All my actions,responsibilities,thoughts and aspirations had to adhere to everything that was more than just about myself but consider society as well.


🔥What would you say to your younger self right now after all you've been through and what you've achieved in life

I'd say...young man,be more confident,trust the process,enjoy the journey because its going to be beautiful. Don't doubt it. Enjoy it and realise that every moment that you have is magical.


🔥What's your biggest fear

Not living up to my greatest potential. Not being the best version of who I know I can be and who I know I desire to become. That,next to losing my most loved ones.



🔥How was it like growing up as a twin brother

It was a beautiful experience. Its tough to say though because I don't know how its like to not be a twin. But its something that I cherish because I have a life partner that I was born with and has been by my side since my birth,so...I can say its been a blessing.


🔥What is your everyday aspiration

I aspire to be happy,healthy,and have strength. The magic in each day's moment and living life to the fullest. Becoming the greatest version of myself at every moment leading up to the last day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of story telling

This is the Spova king