Taking It To The World

There is nothing that brings me more joy than to see young people being creative and turning their passion into something tangible that people can also appreciate and even buy. 

I’m one person who believes in following your passion because doing anything other than that will only delay your success. You’ll be focused on making other people’s dreams come true while neglecting your own. 


I had a wonderful chat with Eswatini’s amapiano star, Ayacity, who talked to me about his music and his debut project Rose, which everyone is raving about. 



Ayanda Motsa, mostly know as Ayacity is a young Swati DJ and producer who was born and bred at Luve. He did his primary education at Kaboyce Primary School and his high school education at St Marks High School. 


The “Ungenzanton” hitmaker says he grew up loving music, “I think I inherited from my family, my mom to be specific because she was always playing loud music early in the morning on weekends, and ow...she had a really great voice, maybe if she was still alive I’d even consider featuring her in one of my projects” He says, smiling. 


Ayanda says he thinks his passion for music made him fall in love with everything, growing up he was always on his earphones, whether at school or tasked to do something at home, he was always on his earphones, jamming to music. 



“I used to listen to a lot of Shimza and Kent growing up so yeah I fell in love with the type of music they played and their style of playing, hence I was I was playing Afro house music before Amapiano, just the exact way Shimza and Kent played”. He says he remembers how he’d always imitate what they do on decks, that’s how much he liked them. 

When I asked Ayacity what made him decide to go for the Amapiano sound, he said, “Now that’s a difficult one, I really don’t know but I think I just fell in love with the sound, it’s a different sound , kinda new, I like anything that has got nice melody, so I guess that is why now I like Kabza more because I can relate to his sound and that is why my music production is not far from his”.

“I’ve always been different even from my style of play as a DJ, I always choose to be different cause I want to do something that not everyone can do”. Ayanda says he wants to deejay differently from everyone, in his own way because that’s what makes one unique and different from everyone, by doing your own thing, “So I guess that is how I ventured into production as well, because not everyone can produce but everyone can be a DJ”. 


The Rose EP producer says his sets are always inspired by his passion for the decks. He says he always likes to explore and he’s really selective when it comes to his sets as to which songs he can play, “ I just make sure I control my crowd , I make them feel what I’m playing”.



When I asked Ayacity about his debut project Rose, which he just released last month, he says that Rose is his late moms name, so the whole project was about her more than him. “I always wanted to do something special for her, I always wanted to show her how special she is to me unfortunately I never got the chance so yeah I opted to dedicate the whole EP to her, my mom was a real hardworker so that’s where I got all the inspiration”. 


Ayacity promises Nothing but hits this year because he Lives to inspire! 










 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Art of story telling

This is the Spova king

Greatness comes from within